Lions Arch Mining Express
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranger All-Around DPS / Survivability

Go down

Ranger All-Around DPS / Survivability Empty Ranger All-Around DPS / Survivability

Post  dendrite Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:04 pm

Hey guys, for all you fellow rangers out there, thought I'd share this.

Normally I would go for a glass cannon type of build, where my Trait points are stacked up to 30 in the first few categories, Marksmanship and Skirmishing for raw power and critical hit %/damage. But I kept dying a lot. Then I tried stacking points in the last three categories, Wilderness Survival, Nature Magic, and Beastmastery for +Toughness, Vitality, and even Healing Power. But then I found out I was pretty much useless as a DPS class.

So I opted for this: At level 80 with 70 trait points to spend, I went for 20/5/20/5/20. Straight across the board general dps / survival. So far it's been working great, I stay alive in most fights, and I have enough raw power to help out in a dungeon run, although my crit damage is lacking.

I'll probably change this build soon anyway, but for now thought I'd like to share! Cya

dendrite
Admin

https://gw2lame.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum